Ontario’s Water Conference & Trade Show 2017 is happening this year in Niagara Falls from May 7-10. This annual conference is one of the top events for Ontario drinking water professionals. It’s presented each year by the Ontario Water Works Association (OWWA), Ontario Municipal Water Association (OMWA) and the Ontario Water Works Equipment Association (OWWEA),… Read More
From editor: Have you ever been to Bourbon Street in New Orleans? While at WEFTEC16, Microbe Detectives – one of LuminUltra’s strategic partners – decided to check it out. Along with great food and music, Bourbon street offers up another delicacy often referred to as “Bourbon Gumbo”, or street gutter water. Microbe Detectives could not… Read More
Imagine trying to solve a problem when you are provided just 1% of the total data. This is essentially the case in analyzing water and wastewater microbiomes. Conventional microbiological testing methods such as culture and microscopy can identify only about 1% of microorganisms that are contained in a typical environmental sample. The remaining 99%… Read More
Biological wastewater can be a be complex testing environment, but also offers the greatest opportunities for cost savings and overall optimization.
LuminUltra and Microbe Detectives Advance Molecular Microbiological Control Solutions in Water and Wastewater
FREDERICTON, NB, CANADA – June 9, 2016 – LuminUltra, a New Brunswick, Canada-based innovator in microbiological monitoring and control solutions, and Microbe Detectives LLC, a Wisconsin-based pioneer in applied metagenomics services for water and wastewater systems, today announced a multi-year partnership. Through the partnership, the two companies will combine their services to provide the… Read More
A short interview with Pat Whalen, President & CEO of LuminUltra, on Water Online Radio at WEFTEC 2015.
Wastewater treatment plant staff do their best to optimize the health of microbes in their bioreactor. However, without a direct way to measure active biomass, process optimization is very difficult achieve. Additionally, toxicity occurrence can cause the plant to deviate from effluent quality compliance and result in violations. These events tend to happen with little… Read More