Computational Biologist / Bioinformatician
LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Computational Biologist / Bioinformatician to join our R&D Team.
We are looking for a creative Computational Biologist / Bioinformatician to join our R&D team that is building next generation of molecular diagnostics kits, devices, and methods for the analysis of biological data. As a key member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, based in Fredericton or Baltimore reporting to the VP, Technology Development, the Computational Biologist / Bioinformatician will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development of novel software tools, algorithms, and analysis pipelines to speed new molecular assay development thereby reducing time from concept to wet testing.
- Lead the in-silico design and characterization of new molecular assays for infectious disease based on qPCR and related technologies (e.g. isothermal, NGS).
- Oversee company efforts to convert extensive customer biological data into actionable insights through data mining, enhanced visualizations, and machine learning.
- Support R&D team with the development of scripts to streamline calculations and project management.
- Lead the company’s overall efforts in the digitization of biology.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong background in computational biology or bioinformatics, mathematics, and computer programming.
- Comfortable working highly independently on challenging and complex projects.
- Expertise and passion for data visualization and communication of data science results (e.g., R Shiny web application development, etc).
- Demonstrable experience with data science tool kits, machine learning, and statistical modeling but also with developing new tools from the ground up.
- Fundamental understanding in developing ML and statistical models for real-world problems.
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or R required. Rust programming experience preferred.
- Experience working with Linux High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have strong background in molecular or microbiology.
- Strong preference for a candidate that can work at least 2-3 days per week on-site in either our Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada or Baltimore, Maryland, USA locations.
- However, will consider fully remote position for exceptional candidate who is based on the East Coast (Eastern or Atlantic time zone).
LuminUltra offers the following benefits for this full-time position:
- Flexible paid vacation.
- Paid flex time to accommodate sick time and personal appointments.
- Generous bonus program.
- Opportunity for professional development and training.
- Medical and Dental benefits.
Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title Computational Biologist / Bioinformatician.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.