Global Product Manager
LuminUltra is recruiting a Global Product Manager to lead our core microbiological testing technology platforms from conceptual stages through the entire product life cycle by developing global product strategies, organic growth and maintenance initiatives to achieve ongoing product revenue, gross margin, and EBITDA goals. Reporting to the Director, Product Applications, the Global Product Manager will work across functions with various organizational stakeholders including Commercial/Sales teams, Marketers, Procurement, Operations and R&D.
The Global Product Manager is charged with optimizing profit while managing corporate growth objectives for all regions of the world and target markets related to the assigned product portfolio. Key areas of responsibility include planning and driving execution to plan, market/customer analysis, product development leadership, rationalization, enhancement, cost / price optimization, commercial support, engineering/manufacturing guidance, and positioning.
The successful candidate will have relevant demonstrable knowledge and experience of product line and/ or business general management, and will be a visible leader within the organization who will assume accountability for:
- Participate in, develop, implement and control global product strategy across markets and regions, defining global organic growth, business/product development initiatives and execute go-to-market plans to support growth goals.
- Defining initiatives for product growth and margin improvement to achieve defined product revenue and profitability leveraging product, technology and commercial strategies. Maintain accountability for driving implementation, managing and/or supporting project teams.
- Defining and documenting customer requirements for new products, as well as desired changes/enhancements for existing products through on-going customer and marketplace interaction. Translates customer needs into technical requirements that leads R&D and engineering in developing a respective product offering. Builds consensus and drives execution of product strategy.
- Owning Product Lifecycle Management from concept to phasing out, acting as ‘mini General Manager’ for assigned product groups.
- Engage with customers and partners to deliver roadmap updates, get product feedback, and identify additional challenges and opportunities.
- Working closely with sales teams to provide commercial support tools, convey value propositions and set optimal pricing.
- Organizing information on product plans/strategies, interacting with all functional areas of the business and get buy-in, utilizing Product Line Strategies.
- Creating and overseeing commercial product initiative execution utilizing the product development and commercialization process and documents.
- Driving both technical and commercial innovation, continuously striving for product differentiation to drive profitability and customer value.
- Coordinating with Strategic Marketing to understand addressable markets, competitor portfolio and strengths/weaknesses to develop strategies to capture market share.
- Coordinating with Marketing Communications to facilitate market collateral strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Business or related degree (MBA Preferred).
- Minimum 8 years of commercial experience focused on financial, operational, product management or general management.
- Strong commercial acumen; excellent marketing, pricing, competitive analysis, and sales planning experience.
- Financial planning, P&L management, product life-cycle, and strategy experience.
- Demonstrated success developing and launching marketing promotions for industry leading products.
- Proven leadership, ownership, and collaboration skills in cross-functional product development and commercial environments.
- Proven ability to work outside boundaries to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, as well as the ability to influence the actions and decision making of others.
- Sales experience or industry/market knowledge across target portfolio and life cycle preferred.
Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title Global Product Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.