LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join the Operations Team at our facility in Fredericton, NB.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Operations Team, the Laboratory Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of reagent production including equipment decontamination, reagent batch preparation, in-process testing, dispensing, labelling, and record keeping.
- Take part in production requirements analysis and production scheduling.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives and partake in 5S organizational tactics.
- Identify process and product non-conformances, initiate resolutions, and preventative measures.
- Assist with lab-related internal processes, SOPs and SDSs.
- Generation and upkeep of procedures for lab-related tasks in accordance with ISO standards.
- Oversee and perform general laboratory maintenance including equipment calibrations, water system maintenance and testing, general housekeeping, and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor lab supplies and raw material inventory, initiate requisitions, and perform related transactions in inventory management systems.
- Adhere to internal and external standards, such as ISO, GMP/GLP, and LuminUltra’s Quality Management System.
- Other duties as required.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- College diploma or University degree in Science, Chemistry, Biology, Laboratory Technology, or another related scientific program.
- 1-2 years’ laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of chemistry principles, calculations, lab hygiene best practices, aseptic technique, and basic lab skills.
- Ability to operate and complete planned and unplanned maintenance on lab equipment.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Experience with qPCR would be considered an asset.
- Experience with ERP software, such as Oracle Fusion, would be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with LuminUltra Technologies. Please submit all applications via the LuminUltra Talent Community.