LuminUltra Technologies Miami Lakes Location is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician (Full-time permanent role) to support the Lab Services Team.
The Miami Lakes location (previously known as Source Molecular Corporation) is a fast-paced environmental analysis lab with ISO 17025:2017 accreditation. The Lab Services Team here apply cutting-edge molecular and forensic technologies for environmental monitoring and investigations, as well as Wastewater Based Epidemiology (WBE).
As a key member of the Lab Services Team, the Laboratory Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform routine bench work to process environmental and biological samples utilizing the following molecular biology tools:
- Water filtration and sample preparation.
- DNA and RNA extraction using various commercially available kits.
- qPCR and ddPCR analysis of extracted nucleic acid samples.
- Facilitate logistic activities in the lab including but not limited to: sample receiving, data entry, and shipment assembly.
- General lab maintenance, including but not limited to equipment maintenance and calibration, and reagents supply inventory maintenance.
- Assist in R&D projects in different departments.
- Document risks and opportunities and report any deviations and nonconforming work to lab manager.
- A BS or MS with a background in Biology is required.
- Minimum 1 year of molecular biology lab experience required.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Computer and Microsoft Office literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) training
Please submit all applications via email to email@example.com and reference the job title Laboratory Technician.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.