LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Logistics Specialist to join the Supply Chain Team in Baltimore, MD.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Supply Chain Team, the Logistics Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with Order Processing, Warehouse and Customers, execute the day-to-day orders shipment requirements.
- Schedule and book transportation globally.
- Maintain accurate status updates of shipments including in-transit notifications and estimated time of deliveries; communicate daily with customers to keep them informed of changes pertaining to their shipments should an update apply or be required.
- Analyze company’s logistics requirements and trends to develop and implement cost reduction strategies involving cross functional teams to achieve year-over-year cost reduction goals.
- Develop strong supplier network c/w backup suppliers and routinely negotiate supplier contracts to ensure company is not competitively disadvantaged.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company’s Delegation of Authority (DoA) policy and procedures.
- Prepare documents for shipping, including customs documents.
- Research trade and logistics requirements for entry into new countries.
- Maintain/update Free Trade Agreements and create origin verification documents.
- Manage export permit applications.
- Manage CARNETS applications.
- Maintain/update all regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, TSCA, FCC, IATA.
- Manage Chamber of Commerce origin documents and applications
- Other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- College diploma or degree required.
- 2-5 years experience in a similar logistics role.
- Supply chain logistics experience is an asset.
- Process improvement experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience using Sage50 and Salesforce CRM an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
Please submit all applications via email to email@example.com and reference the job title Logistics Specialist.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.