Part-Time Purchasing Assistant
LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Part-Time Purchasing Assistant to join the Supply Chain Team.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Operation Team, the Part-Time Purchasing Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee on-time and on-budget delivery of inbound procured products
- Project production requirements and maintain inventory levels per sales forecasts to balance impact on cash flow and minimize variances.
- Assist with the development & implementation of procurement processes to be fully integrated with the company’s QMS and ERP systems and consolidate all company purchasing activities into one centralized procurement services organization.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company’s Delegation of Authority (DoA) policy and procedures.
- Oversee strong supplier network c/w backup suppliers and routinely negotiate supplier contracts to ensure company is not competitively disadvantaged.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal customers (e.g., production, sales).
- Drive supplier quality programs and score cards to achieve zero NCR’s on procured products.
- Analyze company’s purchasing trends to develop and implement cost reduction strategies involving cross functional teams to achieve year-over-year cost reduction goals.
- Meet and exceed operating budgets and cost-of-goods sold targets.
- Administrative functions associated with day-to-day operations tasks.
- Data entry and manipulation to support purchasing, production, warehouse management, fulfillment, and other related functions.
- Drive capacity-building activities to improve throughput and profitability.
- Coordinate, participate and/or assist with improvement projects and activities as directed.
- Maintain, organize, and store company files and records.
- College or University education required.
- 2-5 years experience in a similar purchasing role.
- Process improvement experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, represent the organization, act decisively and influence colleagues.
- Document management experience, preferably using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience using Oracle Fusion an asset.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- High attention to detail and accuracy is required.
Please submit all applications via the LuminUltra Talent Community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.