Product Development Engineer
LuminUltra is currently recruiting for Product Development Engineers to join the R&D Team in both Baltimore, Maryland, USA and Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
As a member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, the Product Development Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate or lead multidisciplinary teams to develop new products and improve current products.
- Design, develop, and test prototypes.
- Design, program, simulate, and test automated machinery and processes.
- Lead rigorous testing and regulatory certification of new equipment/devices.
- Participation in generating and maintaining product documentation and training materials.
- Provide technical support to customers utilizing new equipment/devices.
- Work with software team to connect new equipment/device to software solution. This may include functional testing, user interface testing, and optimization.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or similar field.
- Industry experience: 2 years preferably in developing and commercializing mechanical devices, medical devices, mechatronic systems, or similar.
- Experience managing consultants and consultant companies.
- Experience using Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience designing for 3D printing, injection molding, and machining.
- Experience designing fluidic systems.
- Experience developing and programming electronic systems (e.g., Arduino).
- Familiarity with qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction, or related biological processes.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity apply now! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the job title Product Development Engineer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.