LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Purchasing Specialist to join the Supply Chain Team in Baltimore, MD.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Supply Chain Team, reporting to the Director, Supply Chain, the Purchasing Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure on time, on budget and defect free delivery of procured products and services.
- Analyze category spend / trends and develop and implement cost reduction strategies, involving cross functional teams, to achieve year over year cost reduction goals.
- Develop and foster strong business relationships with suppliers and internal customers (engineering, production, sales).
- Increase company’s overall operational efficiency through supplier and transaction consolidation.
- Drive supplier quality programs and score cards to achieve zero NCR’s on procured products.
- Administer PO’s ensuring accuracy, completeness of attachments and zero variances on 3 way matching.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company’s Procurement policies and procedures.
- Obtain and maintain objective benchmarking of company’s procured costs to ensure company is not competitively disadvantaged.
- Update and publish weekly delivery status reports.
- Continuously maintain the integrity of the master item commercial data.
- Proactively assess, manage, and mitigate supply interruption risks.
- Negotiate and manage supplier contracts.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- 2-5 years progressive procurement experience.
- Proficiency in:
- supplier qualification and development
- purchasing negotiations and contracting
- buy analysis and cost out inventiveness
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
- Strong internal and external customer focus and a desire to achieve win-win results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Successful track record of meeting / beating project cost of goods budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work towards common business and/or team goal, resolve conflicts, communicate well with team and others, and provide and be receptive to feedback.
- Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and ERP Systems.
- Engineering or Business Degree or Diploma preferred.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or equivalent.
Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title Purchasing Specialist.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.