R&D Laboratory Technician
LuminUltra is currently recruiting for an R&D Laboratory Technician to join our R&D Team in our Baltimore facility.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, the Product Development Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist R&D Scientists with research and development projects pertaining to the development of new test protocols, assays, or reagents.
- Prepare qPCR and other diagnostic reagents.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and follow strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Prepare specimens and samples.
- Construct, maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, pipettes, and pH meters.
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
- Record and interpret results to present to senior colleagues.
- Use technology and computers to perform mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the research
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience required.
- Experience in qPCR preferred.
- Strong laboratory and analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title R&D Laboratory Technician.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.