LuminUltra is currently recruiting for an R&D Microbiologist to join our team in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
As a member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, the R&D Microbiologist will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the development of new molecular diagnostics testing tools for infectious disease and industrial microbiology.
- Culture and maintain BSL2 pathogenic organisms.
- Optimize and validate qPCR and other molecular assays.
- Design and lead projects focused on the development of new nucleic acid extraction and purification methods.
- Contribute to general laboratory maintenance and best practices.
- Participate in generating and maintaining product documentation and training materials.
- Mentor less experienced scientists in analyzing data and in establishing best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members including biologists, engineers, and software developers in the commercialization of new diagnostic testing solutions.
- Provide technical support to customers utilizing new equipment/devices.
- Recent PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline.
- 1 – 3 years of work experience.
- Documented experience in a microbiology laboratory culturing pathogenic microorganisms (e.g., Legionella, Salmonella, etc.).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Committed to doing whatever it takes to get the job done, we are a small team so you will be asked to wear many hats.
- Passion for contributing to the development of next generation diagnostics tools and devices.
- Experience with real-time PCR or related technologies.
- Experience in developing DNA and RNA extraction procedures.
- Experience working with pathogenic clinical samples (e.g., blood, urine, etc.).
- Experience working with viral pathogens.
Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title R&D Microbiologist.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.