Everyone loves quizzes, right? Right. So, in honour of our 15th anniversary here at LuminUltra, here are 15 questions that’ll let you test just how much you know about water.
1. What’s the average pH level of fresh water?
2. What percentage of the Earth’s water supply is fresh water?
3. How is most of the Earth’s fresh water held?
a) Underground aquifers
d) Man-made reservoirs
4. What property of water allows water molecules to stick together?
5. Approximately what percentage of water used by people worldwide goes towards agriculture?
6. After climbing Mount Everest, you decide to have a cup of tea. In degrees Celsius, at what temperature can you expect your water to boil?
7. What is the longest river on Earth?
8. Worldwide, how many plastic water bottles are purchased every minute?
9. What percentage of the Earth’s surface is covered by water?
10. Approximately what percentage of the human body is water?
11. What was the name of the Ancient Greek god of water?
12. Where is the deepest point in the Earth’s oceans located?
a) Tonga Trench
b) South Sandwich Trench
c) Puerto Rico Trench
d) Mariana Trench
13. Approximately how many litres of water must a dairy cow drink to produce one litre of milk?
14. There is variation between species but, on average, how many litres of water does a mature tree give off each day through evaporation?
15. What’s the deepest lake in the world?
a) Lake Superior (Canada/USA)
b) Lake Toba (Indonesia)
c) Lake Baikal (Russia)
d) Lake Hauroko (New Zealand)
1. C, 2. B, 3. A, 4. D, 5. B, 6. B, 7. A, 8. D, 9. B, 10. A, 11. C, 12. D, 13. B, 14. B, 15. C